The main thing in this difficult time is to remember we are here for YOU and to guide and assist. An example of our plans are below however these are not definitive.
The Traditional Plan
The most popular option, including:
- Removing the deceased to the Funeral Director's premises, at any time of day or night, from anywhere in the local area.
- Giving guidance to relatives or executors on the registration of the death and other matters relevant to the funeral.
- Taking care of the deceased until the funeral.
- Providing facilities for viewing by the family at the Funeral Director's premises, including preparation and dressing in a suitable gown or clothes if provided by the family.
- Making all the arrangements for the funeral and providing the funeral director, drivers and bearers for the funeral service.
- Supply of a hearse and one limousine - the cortege can leave from a local address; proceed to a local place of worship if required, then on to the local crematorium or place of burial.
- Receiving flowers for the funeral, or charitable donations in lieu of flowers, and providing a list of donors to relatives or executors.
- A contribution towards other expenses or "disbursements". Please see the note on the previous page.
- Supplying two limousines instead of one.
The Essential Plan
Similar to the Traditional Plan but with the following variations:
- Facilities and preparation for viewing are not included.
- A plain simple coffin is supplied.
- No limousine is included.
- No procession is included - usually the hearse will meet the family at the local crematorium or place of burial.
- This plan does not include attending a service in a church as well as the crematorium.
- Listing of flowers or charitable donations is not included.
We also provide Funeral Plans that are tailored to you and your needs. Plans are provided by Golden Charter.
Funeral Plans - a Code of Practice
This prepayment plan is covered by the Code of Practice of the Funeral Planning Authority, which sets out to ensure:
- Fair terms and conditions for the customer.
- Security of funds - with strict controls over the custodianship of funds and regular monitoring by independent experts.
- A procedure for the independent arbitration of complaints.
Services we provide at RL Morgan
Below is a selection of services that we can provide but at RL Morgan Funeral Directors anything is possible and we can provide a variety of services upon request. We provide our services taking into account what you require and also your budget, we will always do our best to accommodate both variants.
Order of Service:
We will sit with you, discuss your requirements, then we will write everything up for you, complete the layout and send to our printers ready for you. All you need to do is provide the photos you would like to be added. (Samples are available on request.
We work closely with a local florist who we recommend. You can discuss your requirements with us and we can arrange the flowers on your behalf, or you can speak with the florist separately.
We can provide a service that transports your recently deceased love one back to their birth country or place of your requirement.
Examples of some of our coffins.
For more information about our full range, please contact us our visit our parlour for more information.
We are a 24 hour service, please feel free to call us outside the above times.
RL Morgan Funeral Directors,
163 Long Lane,
Kent, DA7 5AE
020 8304 5524